Guide for the authors:
Articles and essays for the webpage should be accompanied by a summary of its content, and well as the relevant documents attached.
The Article should be Summarized according to the following criteria:
-600 words in total
-Introduction, name of author affiliation
-Summary of the item
-Explanation as to why this is relevant
-Provide links to the article
Fanack Academy Analysis: 900-3000+ words (will be accepted on a case by basis)
These articles are very much up to you in the voice, and viewpoint you would like to give, but make sure to keep it interesting.
Use active voice, don’t use sweeping language, try and always keep in mind that our major audience is coming from the Arab world, try to use clear language with definition keys, try and make sure your perspective is encompassing of both “Western” and “Middle Eastern” perspectives and viewpoints. If possible ask for someone in the region for inputs on your research.
Keep in mind good articles have:
- an opening hook that grabs the reader’s attention;
- an image or metaphor that encapsulates a complex idea;
- a strong argument, position, or insight that may also be a call to action;
- the way in which facts and figures are deployed loosely through the lens of the argument;
- the use of counter-argument–or its absence;
- a conclusion that concisely restates the author’s position or makes a call to action.
-Analysis and reports must be based on facts and quotes from sources, and all referenced information must be cited and linked in Chicago style formatting. Even analytical or opinion pieces should be fact-driven.
-We encourage our writers to add their own insights and analysis. The writer’s unique perspective is what enhances our readers’ understanding of global issues. **Note, discriminate language/content or fallacies in train of thought will not be accepted.
Your essay should be typed, double-spaced on standard a4-sized paper (8.5″ x 11″) with 1″ margins on all sides. You should use a clear font (PTshans) that is highly readable. APA recommends using 12 pt. Times New Roman font.
Include a page header (also known as the “running head”) at the top of every page. To create a page header/running head, insert page numbers flush right. Then type “TITLE OF YOUR PAPER” in the header flush left using all capital letters. The running head is a shortened version of your paper’s title and cannot exceed 50 characters including spacing and punctuation.
Major Paper Sections
Your essay should include four major sections: the Title Page, Abstract, Main Body, and References.
-Chicago Style referencing, make use of Son of A Citation Machine to save you time. Place all refrences as endnotes.
– Content Notes provide supplemental information to your readers. When providing Content Notes, be brief and focus on only one subject. Try to limit your comments to one small paragraph. (also to be in the footnotes)
***Currency: If using local currency, you must either add the Euro equivalent in parenthesis.
Example: LBP40,000 ( €23.30 OR 23.30 EURO)
Plagiarism, citations, and fact checking: Journalistic Standard
- Any material, including direct text or an idea – anything that is not your original idea –, taken from other publications, interviews or quotes must be attributed to the source. No more than three (3) words in succession may be used from any source without attribution. Facts and material that are not original to the writer must be cited.
- We ask that you only submit your own original work and properly cite facts or quotes that you have collected elsewhere, both clearly in your article and with links to external sources. When facts are sourced, please provide Fanack with direct links to online sources or contact information for verification.
*Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable source citation. There are many inaccuracies on the site due to the user-generated database.
All submissions should be sent to [email protected]